Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Beginning of the End.

Wow.

I have exactly 1 week left in China.

Not sure what to think about all of it. I'm absolutely devastated, and completely ecstatic all at the same time.

Every time I see my beautiful children, I just realize how I am the luckiest person ever. To have 50 children who love me, and I love them. SO MUCH.

Today they all kept saying, "Teacha, no go home!" If that doesn't pull on your heartstrings I don't know what will. It's one thing having to say goodbye to them, but it's a whole other thing when they say goodbye to you.

Today as I was leaving the class room, I did my usual "Goodbye everyone! I will see you tomorrow!" And then they all reply, "Goodbye teacha Kangry. See you tomorrow!" Except I glanced over at my little Oscar and heard him say, "Teacher, no tomorrow. No tomorrow!!" So I stopped. Could he actually be saying that he wasn't going to be there tomorrow?! So I ran to the Chinese teacher and asked her if today was the last time I would see him and she gave me the answer that I didn't ever want to here.

I ran over to him and pulled him out of his chair and gave him the biggest hug. And he hugged me back. And then I just started sobbing. In fact, the tears are trying to stream down my eyes right at this very moment. I pulled him back and said, "Oscar. I will never see you again. I will miss you SO much!" He replied with the most precious little voice saying, "Goodbye teacha Kambrie. I love you." And then I gave him another giant hug as the tears kept rolling down my cheeks. I told him how much I loved him and gave him a kiss. If only he knew just how much I love him. Then I had to run out of the room. I couldn't handle seeing all of the kids. Because when I look at them now, I just know that I only have so many more days to see those beautiful little faces. Those brown eyes. Those big smiles. Their crazy outfits. And only so many more days to hear their precious little voices saying the funniest things.

Ah. I don't know how I am going to get through Friday. It will be a miracle.

The one thing that is helping me get through it is that I know I have 4 adorable little faces waiting for me at home. Braelund. Landon. Paige. Karter! Aunt Kambrie will see you soon!!!

-Kambrie

No comments:

Post a Comment