Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Second Chance at Hong Kong

The first time I came to Hong Kong, I left hating it.

It was crowded, I had to drag all my luggage around with 50 other girls, and I didn't even get to anything because my flights got messed up.

However, my opinion on Hong Kong has changed drastically in the last 4 days.

My ever so kind Aunt and Uncle were nice enough to let me stay with them along with 2 of my friends. They have been so great to us and have helped us learn to love this city. But I can't decide what I have loved more...the actual city, or spending time in my Aunt and Uncles home. I think it was a big fat tie. This city is AMAZING. I feel like I am living in the future at times. I am pretty sure that everything in this city is connected by some sky bridge, or underground thing, or something. The buildings are incredible. Some are obviously extremely tall and you will see random roads or elevated train tracks just weaving in between the buildings above you.

We were able to just wander the streets, do some shopping, and we got to visit Victoria's peak with my Uncle. We had a ton of fun walking around the peak, and then we were lucky enough to eat at Bubba Gump while overlooking the city at night. It was literally spectacular.

My aunt and uncle have been so kind. They not only let us stay here, but they fed us! They fed us real American food. I got to eat cereal, milk, cheese, carmels, yogurt, strawberry jam, potatoes, ham, the list goes on. All of which I have not eaten since august! And they have a shower that is actually a shower, not just a sprinkler on the wall of the bathroom. And I didn't have to wear shower shoes. And I have a bed that doesn't sink in, and they have couches that aren't wood, and they have a washer...and a DRYER! I feel like I'm in Heaven. And my Aunt and Uncle are the angels.

Sidenote: I GO HOME TOMORROW. Yes. That is correct. I am waking up and going to the airport. Am I excited? More than you know. Am I showing it....? No. Why? Because it is 1 in the morning and I'm so tired. I can't wait to wake up!!!!! :)

HOME SWEET HOME! HERE I COME!

-Kambrie

No comments:

Post a Comment